Last updated by TechPrate on August 30th, 2020 at 01:34 pm
Starting your hosting reseller business cannot be a difficult task as you don’t have to invest in infrastructure and management. However, in order to earn a substantial income and turn it into a sustainable business.
You need to consider some important things for choosing the right parent host, managing your operations, and determining the business potential. Here are a few quick tips that can be used as a checklist before you join any hosting reseller program:
Choosing the Right Hosting Provider
- As a hosting reseller, you need to boost your business over a period of time. A good hosting reseller should proactively help you in this objective by offering direct assistance.
- They go above and beyond to train you with the latest skills and tell about the latest business insights in order to ensure consistent healthy growth
- Avoid the hosting provider that just passively sell you the reseller hosting plan and disappear from the scene
- Good hosting providers conduct periodical webinars, seminars and industry meeting in order to help you meet with potential clients and easily sell your plans
- A good parent host should also offer you complimentary eCommerce and management tools to manage your hosting more confidently.
- You can also expect the other value-added services that can help you in achieving better SEO rank and strengthen your position on social media.
- You can expect graphic designs, free blog posts, knowledgebase, and other vital creative deliverables
- An ideal hosting provider offers quick and reliable support when the client needs it
- Don’t just believe their words but also try for yourself by calling support team during odd hours and evaluating the quality of support
- Many web hosting provider offers an exclusive discount that is advertised only on their social media and come with certain coupon codes. So thoroughly check their social media channels to find the best deal
- If you are good at digital technologies then you can also learn these techniques on your own and keep the entire sales revenue earned b selling them
- So, even if your parent host has cleverly hidden the limitations on unlimited hosting, By hiding such information you might sell your plans more easily but in the long run, it can harm your reputation and create unnecessary hassles for you
- Don’t be hasty in finding the right hosting provider to start your reseller business.
- Make sure that the hosting provider offers a money-back guarantee and honestly returns the entire amount. It should be easy for the clients to claim their money back
- Make sure that your hosting provider offers reliable support to the clients
Managing Business and Budget
- Apart from direct costs you should also add overheads, taxes, wear and tear expenses, banking charges and even your own salary to calculate the accurate net profit
- Make sure that you consider every expense regardless of the amount or purpose- right from meeting the client over lunch to the fuel expenses.
- Do good market research to find the most popular associated web services that can easily be bundled with domain and hosting plans
- Reselling other associated products and services like web designing and development, themes, templates, and SEO packages can help you boost your revenue and become a one-stop-shop for all the present and future needs of the customers
Automate the Things
- The advanced digital tools can help them to automate many of their tasks and saving a lot of time and effort. It can be diverted to the core business activities like finding partners or selling new technologies.
- For ensuring that your content perfectly aligns with the latest SEO guidelines and does not violate the Google standards you can use a content auditing tool
- Building landing pages can prompt positive action by the visitors and building them isn’t that difficult if you use automation tools like
- How does your website displays on SERP can go a long way in deciding the success of your hosting reselling business? Thanks to the automated tools you can easily conduct a multi-aspect analysis of your SERP results and also get the key suggestions to improve the same.
Jitendra is a freelance multifaceted writer, a peaceful soul who spends most of his time reading and writing. He considers and respects writing as a meditative technique to get rid of negative thoughts and stress. His favorite niches include history, travel, lifestyle, and technology.
An introvert and keen history buff, he likes visiting in abandoned forts and small, sleepy cities. He also loves traversing the labyrinths of old literature, listening to soul-stirring classical instrumental music, and making friends with animals.