Social media might be monotonous for some, but for innumerable, it’s the earning platform. Social media over the years has shed light on products that you never heed before, turns out the product became known and has constructed its own brand identity.
This article further informs about the benefice a business startup gains through social platforms. The importance of this article is to encourage people to start a business if they are unemployed, and social media will do its best to assist.
Role of Social Media
The task of social media is to facilitate the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information via virtual networks and communities. The Internet is the first factor to be able to wield social media.
It contains personal information, photos, videos. Indonesia shepherds the list of social media usage compared to other countries like America and Europe to the number of 3.8 billion people. The largest networks are Facebook and Instagram.
Social media was built for connecting people with their family and friends from any corner of the world but then adopted by businesses who simply wanted to use the connection and communication method to reach out to customers. Sharing information with anyone on earth with many simultaneously is what social media defines.
7 Roles that are Played by Social Media
- Identity: Identity in social media is an important step before setting up your account. It gives others an idea of who you are, what is your name and age, what occupation you are in and mentioning your interests helps them to know you better.
- Conversations: Conversations happen for many reasons, like to meet broad-minded people,find love or to be news-crackers on groundbreaking ideas or trending topics.
- Sharing : ‘Social’ means a trade off between people, which means sharing. We share a lot of content everyday either inboxing them or simply posting it on our timeline.
- Presence: By presence it means that you are virtually and physically able to know where your friends are, you ghet know when they add the location with the picture they upload. It has its bad side as well, where stakers of your profile also get to know where you are at the moment.
- Relationships: Relations can be of many types on social media, one can become a 3 o’clock chat buddy, who listens to all of you and in return gives advice.However this can lead to tricking as well, where one gives you false promises.
- Reputation: If you can be trusted, your reputation among your online friends will remain intact and honest.
- Groups: Communities and sub-communities make a group. As you grow your network bigger with friends and followers, it becomes necessary to sort out your pals into different groups. Example: work buddies, school buddies, college buddies..etc
Why Use It As A Business Platform?
Let’s start by mentioning that it is the most inexpensive tenet compared to other advertising marketing tools, the social media tools are free for everyone. Traditional advertising tools and business promotion tools need professional help whereas social media tools are very trouble-free, everyone who is a bit knowledgeable about cell phones can access them with no issues. Get Instagram followers to extend the business.
Once the content is viral on social media then there is no track of how many people it has reached, and it happens free of cost, no money spent, no equipment needed only creativity and potential lights the way. Targeted people get focused on social media as interacting with your business page or profile gets a business deal started.
There is no question that a well-mapped-out social strategy can build a company within months. Every social media site lets one create an epitome which is known as a social media mascot, their role is to describe a company.
If viewers constantly get updates on their Facebook and Twitter timeline of the services or products, at one point they will notice and hence it is eventually spreading awareness of the company. Companies use the platform to steer sales through advertising promotions, measure customer trends, and lastly offer customer service.
Schemes for Using Platforms
- Grows faster and scales better: Platform models grow rapidly as they don’t own the resources. Their growth does not depend on resources or capital.
- A reciprocal,self sufficient community: Platforms enjoy two-sided network effects, meaning demand is observed from the supply of each buyer and seller.
- Solving connections and efficiency issues: Businesses don’t spare two things, time and energy.platforms are good in creating locations for tools and applications to grow businesses that reach the customers and aid the team.
Benefits of Social Media
Social media has changed the way we look at the world, it has opened us to so many new ideas and helped us discover everything that is happening all around the world. Social media has made long-distance relationships one phone video call away. It wraps endless amounts of details around the pinky. For people who stay all alone by themselves or are unsocial, social media has helped them come out of their isolation.
According to a survey, people started making more friends online which they wouldn’t if the meeting is face to face. Social media gives time to know one another properly before meeting up or falling in love. There are numerous relationships started through Facebook and Instagram.
Let’s take an example of a trending business that is all over social platforms, ‘jewelry page’, it all started with a small business where people sell their creative work by making jewelry of different shapes, colors, and even customize them as ordered.
People soon started promoting their handmade designs on T-shirts, sarees, skirts. Potters started showing up, posters and other house decoration products were advertised. Sitting at home earning has helped a lot of people in need especially in the time of the pandemic.
5 Benefits of Social Media
- Reaching large audiences : There are numerous opportunities to reach steers and engage them on various platforms. Reaching large audiences is an advantage, it opens up doors to those about your business who want your product.
- Create organic content : Creating organic posts helps in finding leads at no cost and connecting them with you about your business. These platforms reveal your photos, videos to the interested people and help them get familiar with it.
- Access to paid advertising services: Paid advertisements connect you to the leads that haven’t heard about your business yet. Platforms like this customize your ads to appear in the feed of those who are looking for products and services.
- Brand building: You build your own brand. The More people get to know your brand the more conversation will take place because people tend to buy from those who they already know well.
- Traffic in your website : More traffic to your site helps marketing efforts go well, because you will attract more applicable mass to your page.
The Bottom Line
3.8 billion users of social media worldwide and counting has taken the world by a hurricane. Doesn’t matter if one attempt to start a business fails, there are plenty of chances waiting. Having mutual friends makes the circle big and opportunities coming.
What could be a better way than this to start your own brand and add your personality to the online world. Social media is compelling to people because it gives us something that the real world lacks. Use it to impact people.