Last updated by TechPrate on March 28th, 2021 at 02:39 pm
A website audit is an integral part of technical digital marketing services.
Every business that wants or has an online presence wants to be on top of the search engine ranking.
Just like in every business productivity, quality, and customer matters, auditing your website is also similar to it as it optimizes technical issues and allows the traffic to have no hindrance while visiting or shopping at your website.
You may like to Read: Website Traffic Checker
In this article, we would be discussing such as
Table of contents
- 6 Reasons to audit your business website
- What involves auditing a business website?
- Step by step guide on How to audit a business website:
- Top three content plagiarism checker tools
- Top 5 tools of auditing website
6 Reasons to audit your business website
There is no genuine bridge way to a winning website but SEO experts have proven tactics and strategies to get the traffic onto your website, who actually want what you provide or have to offer.
- To create an SEO strategy towards supporting your business goals
- Improving your domain and page authority in search results for unlimited traffic
- Avoiding the offenses that lead to Google penalties
- Optimizing the content for higher engagements
- To save millions of dollars in disengaging online marketing techniques, resulting in zero sales
- To accelerate revenues.
What Involves Auditing a Business Website?
Auditing a website includes different categories which are broken down as:
- SEO link audit
- Lead conversion optimization audits
- Technical website audit including Google index reports
- User interface audit
- Website content audit
- Mobile friendly audit
- Local pack Competitiveness website audit
- Website performance
- User engagement
- Product markup audit
- Social media audit
- Pixel tag audit
- Regularly scheduled follow up site audits
- E-commerce shopping cart Audit
- User experience
- Site health
It’s hard for a non-technical guy to go through these tricky patches, but further, we are breaking down a simple guideline
Now let us go through a step by step guide
Step by Step Guide on How to Audit a Business Website:
- First of all, for auditing any website we need to choose a site audit tool there are plenty of tools in the digital market such as Semrush, ahrefs, Raventools, spyfu and, etc.
- Run your website URL through side audit tool remember premium mode has always more quality and support to offer you, it would create a short summary report of all your website issues along with red flags
- The report will lead you to technical errors that need to be fixed such as XML sitemap status, mobile-friendliness, broken images, crawl errors, HTTP status, broken links, robots.txt file, and etc.
- Analyze user interface and design factors such as site navigation and page depth will indicate you how friendly is your website or how easy it’s to find information on your website
- Check for errors in web content it’s such a vital factor which keeps engaging the user or else if the Google catches your content as being duplicate it will penalize your website so to avoid these offensive issues, we can use additional tools such as the Plagiarism checker
- Follow the SEO friendly content guidelines to get higher rankings in search engine result pages such as content is well researched, easy to understand, short paragraphs, no keyword stuffing and, etc.
- The auditor will show you issues that need to be fixed such as rewriting your page titles, adding H2+H3+H4, writing long Meta descriptions, missing or duplicate image alt text or title text and, etc.
- E-commerce shopping cart audits will help you learn more about user experience and potentially remarket to them by using Google analytics to target the audience.
- Compare and audit Competitor analysis in-depth to grab the tactics your competitors are using to attract traffic
- Penalty and recovery audit it will help you unveil algorithmically or manually penalizations which effect directly on search ranking so that you can overcome those issues
- The last thing would be to generate a checklist of issues on the website.
Top Three Content Plagiarism Checker Tools
- Prepostseo is one of the best-featured plagiarism checkers, while checking the content quality just visit the website click on the plagiarism checker, insert the text or upload files in a format such as .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt and it will show you the results by comparing to trillions of online resources and let you download the report.
- Turnitin plagiarism checker is the number one choice of educators around the world to check essays, academics thesis and, etc. It highlights the text or paragraph with the help of color coding, filters, and source comparison.
- Scanmyessay offers you the best plagiarism scanning experience as it supports the world’s popular 56 languages, a wide range of file support, scans, and compares your own work also in your content library.
We hope that up till now you have understood what the key points are and how to audit your website.
On top of it we would like to share with you the top 5 tools for auditing a business website
Top 5 Tools of Auditing Website
- Raven tools it’s all in one platform tool it shows you in-depth on-page issues while suggesting the solution of errors such as no-follow links, missing images ALT text, competitor research and, etc.
- Ahrefs and Semrush as they help to resolve issues related to overall website health, performance, localization, indexing, orphan pages, broken links and, etc.
- Google search console it’s a must-have tool as it helps you to get a list of all keywords your site is ranking, to track website position, check the click-through rate and impression on your website
- Google Analytics helps to track your websites behavior, flow, conversion and to target the audience
- Google page speed insights help to make your website user experience speedy and simple to access by making it mobile and desktop-friendly further helps you eliminate issues that are slowing down your reach to the audience.